Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Introduction to Turning My Life Around


Do you ever scroll through social media looking at your friends and family’s status updates, wishing you had interesting things to post or generally had as much fun as them?
I find myself spending hours looking through Facebook and Youtube, reading about all of the awesome and fun things everyone else is doing, rather than going out and doing them myself. I watch cool Youtube videos of people trying new things and pursuing their dreams, yet when I look at my own dreams they have not even been attempted.

Stopping the Nonsense
I am tired of waking up in the morning and dreading the day ahead of me. There are countless things I would like to try, places I want to travel to, and dreams I would like to pursue. I do not want to look back on my life and think about all of the risks I should have taken and the opportunities I should have seized. You hear elderly people say all the time that if they were given another chance knowing what they know, that they would have done so much more with their lives. I am only 26, but I already feel my body slowing down and my youth slowly fading, and it scares me to think that I have hardly lived.

Why Take the Risk?
The phrase “You Only Live Once,” aka YOLO, has gotten a lot of bad attention because you see videos of people doing reckless things and risking their lives for a quick thrill while yelling out “YOLO”. But what about those opportunities you were faced with that seemed simple and inconsequential at the time but you realized later it could have been the best decision of your life. Like that girl you see across the street that you catch eyes with but did not have the courage to go talk to. Or the job opportunity you were offered in a different state or country that would have taken you out of your comfort zone and into a new perspective. We are scared to take risks because of the unknown but it is those very risks that could turn into the best decisions we ever made.

Taking the Risk
I sit at my desk every day and wonder at the possibilities and the fun I could have if I stepped out of my comfort zone and threw embarrassment to the side. I live in my shell and comfortable life and envy those who have the courage to act out of character.
So here starts my epic journey. Epic for me because let’s face it, it’s my life and it’s me who is at stake. I want to explore all the areas of my life where I am discontent and unhappy and try to flip it around so that I can look back and only see good times. I will create videos and post pictures, link to hashtags and document my progress over social media. I want to create the lifestyle I see so many others living.

Invitation to the Masses
I invite anyone to join me and to help inspire others to do the same. This is the “Turning an Ordinary Life into an Extraordinary life” Blog and I hope you’ll follow me on my quest.

Follow me on:
Twitter: @LegacyofSaba

YouTube: LegacyofSaba

No comments:

Post a Comment